Gather around the table with us for good beers for a good cause, and the opportunity to explore the spiritual practice of Praying in Color, together!
Echoes will meet at Schweinhaus this week, to support the work of the Whatcom Land Trust (for Every Oakshire beer purchased all month long, Schweinhaus will be donating 1$ towards the Whatcom Land Trust) as they get ready for the new year and working toward protecting even more of our most vital resources & natural habitats. Since the Whatcom Land Trust is an organization we love to support, this seemed like a perfect spot!
There is so much going on in the world today, and sometimes we need new ways & practices to connect with our spiritual lives. Pens, Markers and Paper will be provided as together we try Praying in Color.
Why Pray in Color?
1) You want to pray but words escape you.
2) Sitting still and staying focused in prayer are a challenge.
3) Your body wants to be part of your prayer.
4) You want to just hang out with God but don’t know how.
5) Listening to God feels like an impossible task .
6) Your mind wanders and your body complains.
7) You want a visual, concrete way to pray.
8) You Need a new way to pray.
All are welcome to this eclectic outdoor gathering!
Please note Schweinhaus is an outdoor space, equipped with heat lamps, so bring extra layers to stay warm and cozy for our gathering!
*Note to non-drinkers: plenty of us do not order alcoholic beverages, so you're good.